Is your smile, dull, damaged, or unattractive? A cosmetic dentistry treatment offered by your dentist in Parkland, FL, Dr. Hector Naranjo of Evolution Dentistry, can renew your smile and transform your appearance.
How cosmetic dentistry treatments help your smile
Issues with the appearance or function of teeth are particularly common and can affect anyone of any age. Fortunately, there's no need to live with a smile that doesn't make you happy. One or more of these cosmetic dentistry treatments may be just what you need to boost your smile power:
- Crowns and Bridges: Often called "caps," crowns are hollow restorations that fit over the tops of teeth. Whether your crown is made of porcelain, porcelain-fused-to-metal, ceramic, or resin, it will blend in with your smile perfectly. Crowns are used to hide flaws in teeth, improve the appearance of crooked or oddly shaped teeth, lengthen teeth, restore broken teeth, and prevent cracked or fragile teeth from breaking. Crowns also anchor bridges used to replace one or two missing teeth.
- Dental Implants: Need to replace one or more lost teeth? Dental implants make it possible to rebuild your missing tooth from top to bottom. Titanium posts implanted in your mouth during minor oral surgery become the roots of your new teeth. They're connected to dental crowns, creating brand new teeth that feel just like real ones. Implants are comfortable, won't affect your biting power, and may last your entire life.
- Teeth Whitening: Stains from foods, beverages, and tobacco may make your teeth look dull or yellow. Zoom! whitening in the Parkland dental office erases years of stains, leaving your teeth much whiter.
- Invisalign: Metal or ceramic braces aren't the only choices if you'd like a straighter smile. Invisalign, an innovative orthodontic treatment, offers a more subtle approach to teeth straightening. You'll wear a series of removable aligner trays that gradually improve the alignment of your teeth. The trays are clear, making them practically disappear when you place them over your teeth.
Revitalize your smile with a cosmetic dentistry treatment! Call your Parkland, FL, dentist, Dr. Hector Naranjo of Evolution Dentistry, at (954) 255-8055 to schedule your appointment.
When a cavity is left untreated, it can completely eat the inside of the tooth, making it hard to do normal activities like biting and chewing your food. In cases like this, it’s important to restore your tooth with root canal therapy. Dr. Hector Naranjo at Evolution Dentistry in Parkland, FL, can help you understand when root canal therapy is necessary to help restore your smile both aesthetically and functionally.
How Root Canal Therapy Can Help You
When a tooth is infected from an untreated cavity, it can lead to more serious issues that can affect both your smile and can even affect your body as a whole. Your dentist in Parkland, FL, can examine your tooth and help you determine if a root canal is the right choice to help your smile and strengthen your tooth again.
A root canal is usually thought of as something that is painful and scary, but it’s actually the complete opposite. Root canal therapy helps relieve your pain and strengthen your smile when you’re dealing with infection and irritation.
Your dentist will first numb the affected area to help keep you feeling comfortable throughout the entire process. Your dentist will then create an opening in the top of your tooth to expose the damaged and irritated pulp inside of your tooth. They will then clean out the infected pulp, helping to relieve your tooth of pain. Your dentist will then fill your tooth with a rubber-like material, helping protect your tooth from any further infection or damage from happening inside the tooth. They will then seal the tooth, which will stop bacteria from getting inside your newly restored tooth.
Contact Your Dentist Today!
Don’t let tooth pain plague your life! Contact Dr. Hector Naranjo at Evolution Dentistry in Parkland, FL, to find out if root canal therapy is the right choice to help restore your smile. Call today at (954) 255-8055.
Dental implants have clear advantages over other treatments aimed at restoring your smile. Not everyone is a candidate for the procedure, and some cases may be best served by alternatives. When deciding whether or not they are the best option for you, your Parkland, FL, dental implant specialist Dr. Hector Naranjo of Evolution Dentistry can help.
Are You a Candidate for the Procedure?
Gum disease, weakened bone structure, and bad habits such as smoking, can all disqualify you from dental implants. Gum disease can be treated by your dentist, who may insist on improving your overall dental hygiene to ensure the longevity of your dental implants. A bone graft can usually solve the problem of bone strength, it just means a longer overall procedure. If you are concerned about your dental health then quitting smoking should be on the top of your list for the sake of both your dental and your overall health.
How Is the Procedure Performed?
What sets dental implants apart from other methods of restoration is the way they are supported. A bridge depends on the teeth adjacent to the gap to be reshaped in order to support it. For addressing multiple missing teeth dentures are often an excellent solution, but they are held in place by either suction or by employing healthy natural teeth to hold them in place.
Dental implants on the other hand are fully supported by a titanium post which is permanently implanted onto the bone, onto which an abutment is attached, and onto this your new crown.
Dental Implants in Parkland, FL
Dental implants do require a larger initial investment of time compared to other treatments, but the results are longer-lasting with proper care. If you are curious about dental implants the first step you can take is to come into our office. Dial (954) 255-8055 to book an appointment today with Dr. Naranjo of Evolution Dentistry in Parkland, FL.
When Are Crowns And Bridges Needed?
In an ideal world, we wouldn't have to worry about damaging or losing our teeth. Ideally, if either scenario were to happen, it would be good to know that professionals had the tools to make our smiles right again. Well, thanks to dental crowns and bridges, your Parkland, FL, dentist can do just that. Situations vary and with them, so does treatment, so to learn more get in contact with Dr. Hector Naranjo of Evolution Dentistry.
If your tooth is damaged your dentist may likely choose to use a dental crown to keep it from further harm. As well as to restore it so that it will look again like your natural tooth and may function just the same.
Decay is a common culprit for tooth damage, in its early stages causing problems like cavities. But once decay progresses to the center of the tooth where nerves reside which connect to the rest of the body, then your dentist may have to perform a root canal to save your tooth. The procedure halts decay but a large portion of the tooth is removed in order to perform it. So in this case you will typically also require a crown.
Without a root canal to save it, if the decay has progressed enough, an extraction may be necessary. But teeth can also be lost due to accident, or other means. Whatever the reason, your dentist can use a dental bridge to help restore your smile.
A dental bridge works by supporting your new tooth, or rather, a crown, with the adjacent healthy teeth.
Filling a gap isn't merely for aesthetic reasons, surrounding teeth can often shift because of the empty space, and your bite may also be altered, causing problems of its own.
Dental Crowns and Bridges in Parkland, FL
Dental crowns and bridges can give you back your smile, not just its look, but its former usefulness. To find out how they can improve your own specific case make an appointment today, call Dr. Naranjo of Evolution Dentistry in Parkland, FL, by dialing (954) 255-8055.
Although you may not need to see the dentist every day, it is a good idea to know when it is the best time to see the dentist. Dr. Hector Naranjo is seeing new and existing patients at Evolution Dentistry serving the Parkland, FL, area.
When should you see the dentist?
Try to go for your bi-annual checkup and cleaning to care for your teeth. Your dentist will work with you to clear up any concerns as they clean and protect your smile.
You may have other reasons to go to the dentist, such as:
- If you have had any accidents or injuries involving the mouth, it is probably a good time to make an appointment to see your specialist.
- Sores and throat pain that will not go away within a reasonable amount of time is a great reason to visit your dentist. You will be inspected thoroughly and given sound medical advice based on the condition of your mouth.
- Bumps that stay swollen, red, or infected may warrant a trip to the dentist. These symptoms can indicate an impacted wisdom tooth or infected gums.
- Excessive blood after brushing your teeth could be a signal that it is time to make an appointment. Another set of eyes can tell you if you are brushing too hard, or if there is something else occurring.
- Some of us struggle with grinding our teeth, or other behaviors that would damage or shift the teeth. If this is you, you may need to go to the dentist to acquire an oral appliance or find out ways to cease the habit.
As you can see, there are many reasons that one would choose to visit a dentist. Should you experience these or similar symptoms, contact Dr. Naranjo at Evolution Dentistry in Parkland, FL, at 954-255-8055
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.